Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Stop


So I got back to Alva Saturday around noon and was exhausted. I slept for awhile but my younger brothers were not going to allow this to happen too long. The last couple of days I felt like I was going to go crazy here. I hadn’t realized how accustomed I had become to the late night talks with all of the girls and the crazy talk we all would have with my boss in the staffeteria. I was all set to head back to falls creek and run away from this place. I was ready to go back to what I had known the last two months and to what I was comfortable. I decided to go for a run.

My little brother’s cd player he let my use during my jog quit a couple minutes into the jog, so it was just me and the road ahead of me. When I run I like to pick different starting and ending points like a telephone pole and then a road for the ending point. I was walking about to start another jog but this was going to be my most demanding of the day. I was starting at this road and running to a stop sign. Exhaustion hit me once I started but I was determined to make it to my goal. As I was approaching the stop sign, I started running faster so I could reach my goal faster. I was breathing very hard and thought I might have to sit down by this stop sign on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. And then as I was standing breathing as quickly as I could, God put this thought in my head. This break, this pause, this heavy breathing is what I am doing right now in my life. I’m processing what God has been telling and teaching me this summer. Now I just need to be in Alva like I am and continue to breath until I’m ready to start my jog again.
-Kristy

2 comments:

Trent said...

by far your best post. I loved it. I agree. We sometimes need those moments of reflection to go and do what we are called to do.

Roxie said...

Kristy! Awesome blog! I am linking to you from mine!